Monday, March 12, 2012

How HOT can you take?

I’ve been fishing since I was 11 years old and for the past many years, I spent quite a fair bit of time under the sun. So that should make me quite tolerable to the sun’s heat, or so I thought… :|

Garmin 910XT

This is the usual 5km loop that I will do during weekends (please don’t come and stalk me for signature, unless you are damn HOT!), only in the day as certain parts have no pedestrian walkway. When I’m feeling hardworking, I’ll do 2 loops. Normally just 1. If I do 1 loop, the timing is usually just under 30 minutes. But not yesterday...

Yesterday was suppose to be Brooks run, which I have registered. But since I’m still nursing an injury that I picked up from Singapore’s Urbanathlon, and plus the fact that I didn’t know only top finishers get medals when I register (according to the website, but it turned out, everyone also got...)… I decided to skip the run. So after doing my laundry for the week, I put on my Adidas Adizero Feather and off I went.

The sky was clear and the time was 9am. Fuck me big time… it was HOT!!! First KM was ok… but after that, I could barely breath… :ssss My sweat was pouring like crazy and I had to stop to many times…

And this is freaking bad news. June will be my first 42km and the run starts early morning. And I’m pretty sure I’ll run pass 9am… WAY PASS…

So, this can only mean 1 thing. Every week, at least once, I must run between 11am to 9am. At least 1 loop!!! Argh…

No comments:

Post a Comment