Sunday, March 11, 2012

Garmin 910XT

Do I run? A bit la...

419186_10150567870907014_555977013_8792729_1081711368_n

Do i swim? I know how to swim… but have not done it in… 2 million years…

417041_10150567867282014_555977013_8792723_1897329573_n

Do I bike? Er… I have a foldie, so you can kiss my ass!!

910c

Welcome, to my IN DEPTH review of the latest Garmin 910XT, NOT!.

To be honest, at the moment, I much prefer the Timex Run Trainer. Before you call me a whore (which I am), I only have ONE GPS watch now. I sold the Timex Run Trainer (on Saturday morning) before buying the Garmin 910XT (on Saturday evening) after picking up the race kit for Brooks run.

I took the 910XT for a short run this morning to test it, and did some system setting the night before. And here’s my take for the time being…

There are quite a few things I like about the Timex Run Trainer compared to the 910XT. First of all, wearing it as a daily watch. 910XT definitely has a smaller and thinner profile. But what’s the point when you can’t display anything else except time!? Maybe I haven’t play with it much yet, but seriously… No dates? No seconds? I think… you can’t even set your OWN time… it’s either based on time zone, or automated… :s wtf… I don't know bout you, but I look at my watch for dates very often eg before I sign any thing...

And the buttons… OMFG!!! WTF is wrong with you GARMIN!?!?!? Have you any idea how difficult it is to press you fucking buttons? Compared to the Timex Run Trainer, this is fucked up! The TRT’s buttons were a BREEZE!!!! Like super easy to press!!! The 910XT's buttons need some time to get use to...

And your GPS… again, I may be wrong as I haven’t spend much time with it yet. There may be some shortcuts that I’m not aware of but I don't think there's a short cut to turning the GPS ON and OFF. Do I really need to go through so many STEPS just to turn the bloody GPS ON/OFF?! Do you know it’s just ONE step to on/off the GPS for the TImex Run Trainer?? GRRR… And I didn’t need to read any manual to know that…

The position of the watch on my wrist is somehow… senget… Unlike the TRT, it sits nicely in the centre… The 910XT will tilt upwards.

Bad things aside, the 910XT definitely has much more whistles and bells, which I won't be dancing to as I'm just gonna run with it.

I like the display better than the TRT. And the backlight is definitely brighter and more visible. And most importantly, you can display 4 stats (same as TRT) and they are split into 4 quadrants. So they are very balanced in the screen. The TRT display them line by line, meaning up to 4 lines. And as a result, it gives you the feeling that you have some wasted space on the left part of the screen.

Anyway, I switched to the 910XT because it’s a bit thinner, and of course, ‘Cannot run nevermind. Gaya mesti ada’. And it’s only been a few days since I bought it. So lets hope the experience gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment